Donald S. Johnston, CPA, MST
Partner, Tax Services
Phone: 412-338-9309 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don has spent the majority of his 27-year career serving the tax and consulting needs of privately-held companies and their owners. He handles tax planning and compliance-related issues for all types of entities, including corporations, LLCs and partnerships, for a wide base of clientele, ranging from small start-up organizations in the early development stages to large, billion-dollar entities in need of technical expertise.
His broad range of experience encompasses many industries, including manufacturing, nulear energy and mining. Don also has extensive experience working with distribution entities and has devised tax-savings strategies for income, franchise and other business-related taxes for numerous middle market clients.
Additionally, Don’s background allows him to assist individuals and businesses in determining advantageous strategies for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. His skills have been utilized for special projects in various areas of expertise, including: acquisition planning and due diligence, Section 338(h)(10) acquisition work; stock vs. asset sale analyses for acquisition and/or disposition scenarios; development of strategies to reduce state tax obligations of multi-state entities; complex valuation-related issues; and other tax concerns for individual clients.
- Energy Services
- High Net Worth Individuals and Families
- Large and Public Company Services
- Real Estate/Property Management
- Service Businesses
- Transaction Services
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member and past-president of the Allegheny Tax Society
- Graduate of the Leadership Pittsburgh program
- Advocate for organ and tissue donation, supporting the work of the Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE), a not-for-profit organization