Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
Our professionals have aided clients with numerous corporate transactions surrounding divestitures and the evaluation, investigation and assimilation of numerous acquisitions. This experience is why many organizations seek and trust in our assistance.
Properly structuring a corporate transaction can be a very difficult, time-consuming endeavor. It is critical that any transaction be structured in a way that meets your financial needs and expectations and, at the same time, makes sense from a tax perspective. These objectives cannot be accomplished unless your advisory team understands your business needs and long-term goals, and the tax law.
When evaluating potential acquisitions, we work closely with our clients and their legal counsel to:
- Conduct financial fact finding
- Assist in the development of a preliminary estimate of value
- Discuss likely financing structures and costs
- Consider desirable organizational and tax structures
Based on the anticipated key elements of a transaction, we collaborate with management to craft financial due diligence procedures that focus on factors that are most important in the deal.
Following a successful closing, our services often include:
- Assistance with the purchase price allocation for GAAP and tax purposes
- Valuation of intangible assets
- Follow-through of predetermined tax strategies
- Post closing dispute resolution
When it comes to transactional issues, experience counts, and Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP has the expertise to lead you down the right path.