Long-recognized as an industry leader in Pittsburgh and the surrounding region, Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP’s national stature has grown as well, through our involvement in valuation matters across the country, including work performed for numerous publicly-traded companies. In that light, our deliverables have been presented to the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as various courts and federal and state agencies. We have extensive experience as testifying expert witnesses in legal proceedings and have worked as experts on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service.
Click here for Bob Grossman’s court C.V.
Click here for Melissa Bizyak’s court C.V.
A valuation professional should be able to demonstrate knowledge and competence through education, training and experience. Our professionals have completed a significant amount of coursework, training, report writing and testing, in addition to satisfying numerous other rigorous requirements to attain these accreditations. All team member carry at least one (team leaders hold several) of the following credentials.
- Accredited Senior Appraiser-Business Valuation (ASA) as sanctioned by the American Society of Appraisers, the profession’s oldest and most highly-regarded governing organization
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) as sanctioned by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for certified public accountants specializing in business valuation
- Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) as sanctioned by the Institute of Business Appraisers for individuals with extensive business valuation training and experience
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) as sanctioned by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for certified public accountants specializing in forensic accounting
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) as sanctioned by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts for certified public accountants specializing in business valuation
Affiliation with the Financial Consulting Group (FCG)
In addition to our internal expertise, the our firm is a member of the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), an elite organization of valuation professionals working within the accounting profession. Many of the most recognized names in the valuation industry are affiliated with FCG member firms.
Membership in the FCG is by invitation only, and is based on specified criteria and experience. Our firm’s selection for the FCG demonstrates our Business Valuation & Litigation Support Group’s reputation in the industry for comprehensive knowledge in the field and services of the highest quality.
The FCG serves as a resource for our valuation professionals and broadens our technical research skills and industry reach. With each engagement, we can tap into the expertise, experience, and resources of the entire network of firms that serve a wide spectrum of clients, ranging from small business to large industrial and service organizations. The organization has specialists in various industries and valuation service areas, including auto dealerships, professional practices, healthcare, intellectual property, fairness opinions, litigation and tax.