State and local taxation (SALT) issues can have a significant impact on business entities and their owners. These taxing authorities have become increasingly aggressive in pursuing new taxation opportunities as their needs for new revenue sources have grown. On the other hand, many incentives and credits exist at the state and local tax level that are not available at the federal level. The difficulty arises in knowing how to find these opportunities in order to take advantage of them.
Our tax professionals have the knowledge and expertise to help you identify these state and local tax savings opportunities. When working with GYF, you partner with a knowledgeable tax advisor who can effectively minimize your personal and/or organization’s tax obligations across multiple state and municipal borders. The Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP tax professionals have expertise with a wide array of state and local tax issues.
Some of the services we provide in this area include:
- Income and franchise tax compliance and planning
- Local tax compliance
- Multi-state planning and considerations
- Nexus studies and apportionment analysis
- Non-resident return preparation and planning
- Representation before taxing authorities
- Sales & use tax planning and audit assistance
- Tax incentives, credits and abatements