Trusts & Estate and Gift Taxes
Understanding estate and gift tax law and how these levies affect your lifetime estate is critical not only to minimize “death” and transfer taxes, but even more importantly, to ensuring that the fruits of your labor manifested by a lifetime of work are preserved for your heirs. A clear and concise estate plan will afford you the comfort of knowing that arrangements are in place when the inevitable occurs. It also gives you control of the disposition of your assets during your lifetime and after.
Facing the challenge of preparing an estate and gift plan is not an overwhelming feat. Our tax specialists will guide you through this process and present alternative mechanisms and strategies to accomplish your specific family and/or charitable goals. The final recommendations are coordinated with your attorney to ensure a smooth and orderly transition of assets at the lowest possible tax and administrative cost.
In conjunction with these services, we are able to prepare all federal and state tax return filings as necessary in a quality, highly-efficient manner.
Below is a partial, not all-inclusive, listing of the types of services rendered by our estate and gift tax team:
- Business succession planning
- Charitable giving planning and charitable trusts
- Dynasty trusts
- Education funding strategies
- Estate tax planning and return preparation
- Family limited partnership and LLC issues
- Gift tax planning and return preparation
- Grantor trusts
- Income and estate tax projections for estates, trusts and beneficiaries
- Private foundations
- Succession planning for family owned businesses
- Trust tax planning and return preparation